1. Applications can ONLY be made via online.
2. Applicants must register online via international@USM system before accessing the Application Form. The system will automatically generate a reference number which will be displayed on the screen once registration is complete.
3. Applicants are advised to print the reference number for safe keeping.
4. To confirm the application, please click the [SUBMIT] button in the DECLARATION section and the system will automatically confirm your application.
5. Please make sure all your supporting document are attached as listed below. Otherwise the online application will not be proccesed :
- Official certificates, transcripts, marksheets or school report from each secondary or college attended
- Translated copy of certificates or school report from respective secondary or college attended (if issued in other than English or Malay Language)
- IELTS/TOEFL/MUET/USM Intensive English Programme
- Copy of passport (all pages in A4 Size)
- Health Statement
- Employment Pass (if working in Malaysia)
- Student pass (if already studying / a student in Malaysia)
- Bank Statement/ Letter of scholarship offer
6. A processing fee of MYR 100.00 OR USD 30.00 is applicable for every application submitted. Payment can be made using the following mode:
- Cheque or Money Order (Payable to 'The Bursar, Universiti Sains Malaysia')
- Cash at the USM Bursary Counter
- Telegraphic Transfer
Bank's Swift Code : CIBBMYKL
Name of Bank : CIMB Bank Berhad, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Blok 32, 11800 USM, Pulau Pinang, Malaysia
For Account of : UNIVERSITI SAINS MALAYSIA
Account No. : 9898 6100 400 007
7. Any document sent by email will not be entertained. Application will be process when all supporting document & processing fee of RM100.00 / USD30.00 are received.
8. All completed Online Application Form MUST be PRINTED and SUBMITTED with ONE  copy of passport size photographs (3.5 cm x 5.0cm) with WHITE background. (Full face view and neutral facial expression) accompanied with receipt of non-fundable processing fee and submit to :
Student Admissions Section,
Academic Management Division, Registry,
Level 2 Chancellory Building,
Universiti Sains Malaysia,
11800 USM Penang,