This programme offers courses on various chemical instrumentation involved in atomic spectroscopy, molecular spectroscopy, surface and thermal analysis, separation methods and environmental pollution and monitoring techniques. These courses will discuss the basic principles for the various techniques and include hands on operation of the various instrumentation involved. A course in quality control in chemistry is also offered. The candidate will undertake a short research project and submit a dissertation based on the project.
- Quality Control in Chemistry
- Atomic Spectroscopy
- Molecular Spectroscopy
- Electrochemical Methods
- Separation Methods
- Surface and Thermal Analysis
- Environmental Pollution and
- Monitoring Techniques
Coursework - 20 units Dissertation - 20 units
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Chemical Sciences http://chem.usm.my
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related degree from a recognised university.
- A minimum CGPA of 2.75/4 or equivalent.
- A CGPA between 2.5/4 - 2.75/4 and at least one year's working experience.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 35 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ; OR
- A minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Advance (CAE); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge Proficiency Advance (CPE); or
- A minimum score of 36 in Pearson Test of English (PTE); or
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction at Bachelor and Master level is English; or
- English courses offered by British Council (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council ); or
- English courses from selected Malaysian public/private University or institution (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council)
(Applicable for Malaysian Applicants Only)
- MUET Band 2
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 8 semesters
- September & February
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|
** Fees are subject to change