Opportunities are available to suitably qualified graduates to carry out research in natural product chemistry and drug discovery, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, dosage form design and formulation development, pharmaceutical biotechnology, pharmaceutical microbiology, drug delivery systems, traditional medicine, pharmacognosy, analytical chemistry, biosciences and neural sciences, hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy, public health pharmacy, sociobehavioural aspects of pharmacy, pharmaceutical economics, pharmacoepidemiology, medicines policy and administrative aspects of pharmacy.
Transdisciplinary research is encouraged within the School and with other Schools within the university. There are also opportunities to be involved in research projects which are carried out in collaboration with other universities, institutions, industry and community in Malaysia, as well as abroad.
Research projects in the following areas are available:
- Natural product and herbal research
- Isolation and characterisation of chemical constituents
- Standardization, quality control, herbal monographs
- Pharmacokinetics and stability studies
- Principal components analysis
- Biological activities (antimalarial,antiobesity, anticancer, kidney stone disease, etc)
- Proteomics of medicinal plants
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Proteomic analysis of breast and colon cancers
- Biochemical toxicology and metabolism
- Cell culture, cancer biology and molecular biology
- Drug discovery and molecular modelling
- Cell-based and biochemical assays
- Halal pharmaceutical and standards, including gelatine source analysis
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
Applicants should possess the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree (CGPA >3.67) in a related area in Science; OR
- A Master’s degree in a related area in Science (research mode); OR
- A Master’s degree in a related area in Science (coursework/mixed-mode) with a CGPA of 3.00 or above.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- English courses offered by School of Language, Literature and Translation.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 10 semesters
- Part-time: Min 6 semesters / Max 15 semesters
|Full Time||Part Time|
|Full Time||Part Time|
** Fees are subject to change