Opportunities are available to suitably qualified graduates to carry out research in natural product chemistry and drug discovery, drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, dosage form design and formulation development, pharmaceutical biotechnology, pharmaceutical microbiology, drug delivery systems, traditional medicine, pharmacognosy, analytical chemistry, biosciences and neural sciences, hospital pharmacy, community pharmacy, public health pharmacy, sociobehavioural aspects of pharmacy, pharmaceutical economics, pharmacoepidemiology, medicines policy and administrative aspects of pharmacy.
Transdisciplinary research is encouraged within the School and with other Schools within the university. There are also opportunities to be involved in research projects which are carried out in collaboration with other universities, institutions, industry and community in Malaysia, as well as abroad.
Research projects in the following areas are available:
- Hospital pharmacy
- Community pharmacy
- Public health pharmacy
- Clinical medicines
- Medication counselling
- Therapeutic drug monitoring
- Parenteral nutrition
- Ambulatory care pharmacy
- Oncology pharmacy
- Paediatric pharmacy
- Geriatric pharmacy
Expertise available in the following School:
School of Pharmaceutical Sciences www.pha.usm.my
Applicants should possess the following:
- A BSc (Pharmacy) or any related BSc with CGPA of 2.75 or above; OR
- A BSc (Pharmacy) or any related BSc with CGPA of 2.5 - 2.74, subject to additional requirements below;
- Research experience – 1 year; or,
- Professional experience in related field- 1 year; or,
- One(1) academic publication in related field; or
- Grade B for major/ elective courses; or,
- Grade B+ in final year project
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 80 in Internet- Based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or
- A minimum score of Band 6.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- The applicants native language is English or National language
- Applicant graduated from institutions of higher learning which use English Language as the medium of instruction.
- English courses offered by British Council.
- English courses offered by School of Language, Literature and Translation.
- English courses offered by selected Public / Private Universities.
- Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 6 semesters
- Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 12 semesters
** Fees are subject to change