The full coursework Master of Science in Environmental Science program is designed to develop your environmental scientific and analytical skills for a professional career in the government or private sectors. It is an interdisciplinary program that combines the natural and social sciences within a technology-based multidisciplinary framework.
By obtaining this Master's Degree, you widen your career opportunities. In the management field, you can be a policy advisor, environmental manager, or government officer. In business, you can be an environmental consultant or product manager. In research, you will be able to be an academic, environmental science specialist, or a researcher. This Master's degree will also allow you to proceed to a Doctorate (Ph.D.) in diverse fields such as in the Sciences, Engineering, Technology, or even Social Sciences.
The Program Structure
This Master program is a flexible program. Classes are held either online, at night or on weekends. Labs would be on the weekdays. Registration is open two times a year. You can register for the first or second semester.
To graduate, you would need to complete 40-unit courses, which cover core and elective courses, 27 and 20 units, respectively. You need to take all core courses (a total of 27 units), but you can choose the elective courses (a total of 13 units). A typical program would consist of two semesters; each semester would be 18 weeks or four months long.
|IEA501||Atmospheric Science and Air Quality||3|
|IEA518||Environmental Sampling Techniques||3|
|IEG503||Hydrogeology and Watershed Management||3|
|IEA517||Environmental Law, Monitoring and Enforcement||3|
|IEA506||Environmental Scientific Writing||4|
|IEK516||Sustainable Energy Resources||3|
|IEA514||Applied Environmental Forensics||3|
|IEG513||Environmental Disaster Management||4|
*For the course IEA505 Research Project (8 units), it is a course that spans two semesters. For example, you can take this course in the second semester and continue the second half of the course in the first semester or vice versa.
Expertise available in the following School:
Applicants should possess the following:
- Applicants should possess a bachelor's degree in related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 and above, or equivalent, from a recognized university.
(Applicable for International Applicants Only)
- A minimum score of 35 in Internet-based TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) ; OR
- A minimum score of 5.0 in IELTS (International English Language Testing System); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge English Advance (CAE); or
- A minimum score of 154 in Cambridge Proficiency Advance (CPE); or
- A minimum score of 36 in Pearson Test of English (PTE); or
- English is the candidate's mother tongue or National Language; or
- The candidate graduated from an Institution of Higher Learning in which the medium of instruction at Bachelor and Master level is English; or
- English courses offered by British Council (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council ); or
- English courses from selected Malaysian public/private University or institution (The level of qualification and the relevant courses are to be identified by the University Postgraduate Studies Council)
Full-time: Min 2 semesters / Max 4 semesters
Part-time: Min 4 semesters / Max 8 semesters
February & September
|Malaysian (MYR)||International (USD)|