The PhD programme at GSB aims to achieve the following goals:
- nurture business scholars who can apply business theory and practice towards promoting the wellbeing of the community and the environment.
- develop business scholars who demonstrate a high-level of creativity, analytical thinking and problem-solving skills in offering robust solutions.
- produce business scholars with advanced skills in research, writing and knowledge sharing on matters relating to business sustainability.
- produce business scholars who are capable of examining any business enterprise and discern its strengths, weakness, opportunities, and threats; and use these findings to make appropriate business recommendations.
PhD research areas at GSB are categorised into six areas:
- Global Strategy and Organizational Behaviour;
- Sustainability Accounting and Governance;
- Innovation in Operations Management;
- Financial Research for Emerging Markets;
- Social Innovation and Sustainability
Expertise available in the following Centre:
Graduate School of Business http://www.gsb.usm.my/v2/
Processes of the PhD Study:
Stage 1: Conceptual paper presentation
Stage 2: Proposal Defence (only for Quantitative Research)
Stage 3: Findings Defence (only for Qualitative Research)
Stage 4: Final Viva Voce