USM Graduate Assistant Scheme
The Graduate Assistant Scheme was introduced to enable postgraduates to enhance their skills by assisting in various events and activities in their respective Schools/CoEs.
With the exception of semester breaks, the Scheme supports the recipients with monthly allowance.
Notes: Maximum appointment and funding for Master and PhD candidates are up to 4 semesters and 6 semesters,respectively.
The cost of fees imposed, as tuition and examination fees, traveling, personal bonds, health insurance, visa arrangement, are not included and are borne by candidate themselves. Applicants are encouraged to obtain fundings from other sources to fund the unsupported items.
ELIGIBILITY TO APPLY
- Current full time research mode postgraduate students of Universiti Sains Malaysia
- Students with financial assistance are not eligible to apply. (e.g; F/IDB/RLKA/ASTS/OTHERS)
- Applicants pursuing Masters degree must have:
A Bachelor’s Degree (CGPA≥2.90) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government.
- Applicants pursuing Doctoral degree must have:
A Bachelor’s Degree (CGPA≥2.90) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government,
- and a Master’s Degree (CGPA≥2.90) or equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government (Masters by coursework/mixed mode) or with a Master’s Degree by Research Mode
HOW TO APPLY
- Download application form at www.ips.usm.my
- Attach supporting documents with the application form:
Certified academic transcripts, copies of your published articles in the journal (if any),cv, research proposal, and any proof of outstanding achievement in extra-curricular artivities.
- Please do not submit any certificate of attendance in workshops/seminars/conferences.
- Please submit your application to the respective school/centre you are studying in.
- The University's decision is final. No further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.